Deutscher Bundestag, Paul-Löbe-Haus (PLH), Konrad-Adenauer-Str. 1 (gegenüber Bundeskanzleramt)
Deutscher Bundestag Ausschuss für Recht und Verbraucherschutz
In light of the current crisis, the German government has introduced a draft law on the further development of restructuring and insolvency law (Sanierungs-und Insolvenzrechtfortentwicklungsgesetz – SanInsFog) in the Bundestag. In addition to the numerous changes to insolvency law, the law also provides for the timely introduction of pre-insolvency restructuring proceedings to implement the EU Restructuring Directive.
The first reading in the Bundestag will take place on the 18th of November 2020. The Committee on Legal Affairs and Consumer Protection has been invited to the public hearing on the 25th of November 2020 at 11.00 am.
The German legislator passed the Act on the Further Development of Restructuring and Insolvency Law (SanInsFoG) at record speed and fundamentally reformed the German insolvency and restructuring law. A large part of the new regulations already came into force on January 1, 2021.
In a webinar on February 11, the Gesamtverband textil+mode will provide information on the new stabilization and restructuring framework and explain what innovations textile and fashion companies will face. Speaker is our founding partner RA Lutz Paschen, who was also invited as an expert at the hearing in the legal committee of the Bundestag on the new law.
DEUTSCHE KONGRESS GmbH
The Act on the Stabilization and Restructuring Framework for Companies (StaRUG) in the newly adopted Act on the Further Development of Restructuring and Insolvency Law (SanInsFog) have priority and can be found there under Article 1, which creates a formal procedure for pre-insolvency restructuring for the first time. The amendments to the Insolvency Act made in Article 5 SanInsFoG implement the results of the ESUG evaluation legally and the amendments to COVInsAG regulated in Article 10 SanInsFoG introduce special temporary insolvency law provisions to deal with the economic consequences of the Corona pandemic in 2021.
In particular, the webinar will cover the following topics:
- Overview of the main innovations
- Procedure of pre-insolvency reorganization according to StaRUG
- Restructuring moderation according to §§ 94 ff. StaRUG
- How to be overruled as a creditor (so-called cram-down)
- What creditors should do who are affected by a stabilization arrangement
- How restructuring creditors should prevent the risk of avoidance at a later date
- How the amendments to COVInsAG will affect insolvency proceedings filed in 2021
Courtyard Hannover Maschsee
Neue DEUTSCHE KONGRESS GmbH
This seminar looks at insolvency proceedings from the creditor’s perspective. Topics include: How to identify and avoid insolvency at an early stage; what insolvency avoidance is; and how to limit the risk of avoidance. Special attention will be paid not only to the reform of avoidance law in 2017 but also to the regulations of the COVID-19-Insolvency Suspension Act COVInsAG and the resulting special features that deal with defaulting debtors in the current crisis.
- The course of insolvency proceedings and economic interrelationships.
- Insolvency plan proceedings / protective shield proceedings Powers/liability of the parties involved
- Special features of self-administration Creditors’ participation rights
- Business with companies in preliminary insolvency proceedings
- Avoidance of insolvency proceedings and its avoidance / using the opportunities offered by the reform of the right of avoidance / the COVInsAG
- The assertion of security interests and counterclaims
- 20th August 2020 in Cologne
- 30th September 2020 in Frankfurt/Main
- 8th December 2020 in Hannover
Learn more on our Interview with the seminar leader RA Lutz Paschen.
InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport
Am Luftbrückendenkmal 1
Neue DEUTSCHE KONGRESS GmbH
The 12th Receivable- and Risk management Days (B2C) will address receivables management, risk management and debtor management. The planned speakers will give us an insight into their everyday professional lives and explain the opportunities and possibilities in risk control and digital processes.
RA Lutz Paschen is one of the top-class speakers at this event. His topic is the EU Restructuring Directive, which came into force on the 16th of July 2019. Most of the regulations must be transposed into national law within two years. First and foremost, the deadline for the discharge of residual debt will be significantly shortened. Also, a pre-insolvency restructuring procedure will be introduced and insolvency proceedings modernised. The presentation on these topics will show how receivables management will be affected by these changes.
- 12th March 2021 in Berlin
- 12th November 2021 in Frankfurt/ Main
- 17th November 2021 in Munich